My heart knows

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
--they say.
Some guys are attracted to skin color,
Some girls are attracted to height.

Some look at the eyes.
From afar, they know…
They just know.
It was meant to be, from "above".

Some get a feeling,
An electric feeling.
Some start stuttering
Some put on their best act.

Others make no sense.
Act foolish.
Mr. Macho
Ms. Debonair

Still, some folks are like me.
Attracted to something deeper.
UNSEEN by the eye.
But known by the heart:

I see a body with cuts and wounds,
An innocent lamb, bruised and tattered
An individual who’s lost favor, scorned by most
Some see ghastly, My heart knows Beauty.

Compassion. Grace. Mercy. Kindness.
I am in Love.
Far captivated than you could ever imagine.
I’m a child again walking in an adult’s shoes.

Lost in an invisible world.
What’s so exciting is…
I see this “man crowned with thorns” in you
I can tell you’re a believer…

From afar off I saw you show Compassion
Back there I heard you speak about Grace
When they treated you wrong you asked God to show them Mercy.
And since I’ve been around you I’ve felt your Kindness

Your face shines with a glow that isn’t earthly
I KNOW you are from ABOVE
And my affections have been set on things ABOVE since I was saved
Jesus lives in you and that’s undeniable, my Heart knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment