Lord, sing over me! [Zephaniah 3:17]

Monday, September 6 to Monday, September 13 has been the most outstanding start to a semester as I have witnessed in years.  In James 5:16 we are told that the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous avail much. Clear as the dreams God has offered me these past few days, I can recall my brother, from Messengers of H.O.P.E. (Hospitals, Orphanages and Prison Evangelism) at University of Ghana, Raymond’s voice.  He would always remind me that we must “a-veil ourselves to be able,” or as Young Chozen in his song CLICK Rockin Robin “...it's all of you and none of me.” My consistent prayer has been that I might be the unknown Christian, recognizing that the less I am know, the more Christ can be made known.
Surely we find ourselves in Jesus Christ.  Philippians 2:8 tells us that Christ humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross, making is possible for us to return to our place as God’s servants, but God does exceedingly above and beyond, for He has called me friend.  Yet, I joy in the beauty of being NOTHING for God [consider AW Tozer's 'Pursuit of God' Chapter 1].  At Antioch of Calvary Chapel, one of the churches I attend in Philadelphia, the Thursday bible studies have focused on going through Genesis verse-by-verse.  Pastor Aaron does an excellent job outlining the largeness of our God along with God’s personality (Genesis study CLICK here).  When describing how God created the world, he explained that from NOTHING God made everything, “and it was good.” 
Reading through an article, The Scientific Study of Language, for my Introduction to Linguistic (LING001) course, I recognized language as a means of communication in a new way.  The words communion and communication were all too similar for me not to do some investigation.  Here are a few definitions of communicate that stood out: [1] convey or transmit (an emotion or feeling) in a nonverbal way (just as God gives us a heart to love the things he loves and hate the things he hates), [2] (usu. be communicated) pass on (an infectious disease) to another person or animal (just as our sin was communicated to Christ and he bore our burden), [3] transmit (heat or motion) [Fire Fall Down CLICK here], (just as the Holy Spirit is described in Acts 2 presented in tongues of fire resting upon those in the upper room), [4] (two rooms) have a common connecting door (Christ is described [John 10:7] as the door as well as the key of David in the letter to the Church in Philadelphia in Revelation 3:7-13, finally [5] in the Christian Church, communication is defined as receiving Holy Communion.
In my linguistics course last week Wednesday, the professor explained that words are just vibrating sounds that some people understand and others do not.  So, I began to wonder what language God used when he spoke the world into existence; I realized that God sang the world into existence [SOOO FLY lol].  THAT’S WHY WE HAVE ORGANS PEOPLE.  Looking up the etymology of tongue it was describe as the “organ of language/speech.”  Therefore, in the redemption of Jesus Christ, God sets everything back in order, looks upon us, covered in the Blood of the Lamb, finding that death has no place in us, neither sin, then recites the song of Genesis over us. We are made new.

No comments:

Post a Comment