[GUEST BLOG] For Your Glory, I Will do Anything

Check the following guest blog from Nifesmi Olojde

On my way to work this morning, I was listening to a song called “For Your Glory” [click HERE]
The lyrics are:

Verse
Lord if I Find favor in your sight
Lord please hear my hearts cry
Desperately waiting to be where you are
I’ll Cross the hottest dessert
I’ll Travel near or far

Chorus:
For your glory
I will do anything
Just to see you
To behold you as my king

Verse 2:
I want to be where you are
I got to be where you are

As I listened to these lyrics, I couldn’t help but think about my own life and whether I was truly living for God’s glory. You might ask, what exactly is God’s glory? What is this glory that is worth laying everything down for? What is this glory that is worth more than anything that this world could ever offer? The word glory signifies honor, renown, and that which renders honorable, or demands honor, or reverence adoration, and worship.
It seems to me as if we live in generation where we don’t know what it truly means to seek the glory of God. When we finally begin to realize how important it is there is a total transformation of your life. It’s as if your eyes are opened or something. In Exodus 33:18, Moses says to God, “I beseech thee, show me thy glory.” And sure enough, God did. From that day forward Moses was never the same. Not only was his physical appearance changed his whole approach to life itself was transformed. From there, Moses was able to fulfill the purpose God had for his life. However, if you continue to read to verse 23 of that chapter we find out that God tells Moses that no man can see his face and stay alive. God’s glory is that powerful! To truly be in God’s presence we would have to die! That’s crazy! (God is that fly dude you just don’t mess with.) However, that amount that God would reveal to us is enough for us to be completely transformed and I’m not talking about the type of transformation that we remember who God is one day and then the next day we doing our own thing. It’s the type of transformation that changes nations that which makes kings want to obey God. It is the type of transformation that allows people to find a sense of purpose. Charles Finney puts it clearly by saying, “The glory of God is essential and declarative. By essential glory is meant that in Him which is glorious--that in his character which demands honor, worship, and adoration. His declarative glory is the showing forth, the revealing, the manifesting, the glory of his character--his essential glory--to us his creation: the laying open his glory to the apprehension of intelligences.” This is exactly what Moses meant. He wanted God to reveal Himself to his mind so that he might know Him and have a clear and powerful understanding of those things which constitute his glory.

We get so caught up sometimes trying to chase our dreams and forget that in order to truly fulfill those dreams and goals we need God. We NEED His glory. So my prayer today is that we become a generation that seeks God’s glory first and foremost. Once we do that everything else falls into place. Life becomes so much easier because you won't have to struggle to get anything. The Bible says “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and ALL these things shall me added unto you.” (Matt 6:33) It’s so simple yet we seem to complicate things for ourselves everyday and struggle trying to “be somebody” or “be successful”. Then we wonder what is going on when things don’t go right for us. That’s because we’re chasing after the wrong thing. And for those of you who feel as if, things are going well in your life without God or without giving him the glory he deserves, then good for you, but this life and the things in it aren’t secure. Nothing is guaranteed except God and His everlasting love. So at the end of the day, you do need God. We all need God and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment