Greetings from S. Korea!

HALLELUJAH! All Praise and Glory to our Father in Heaven.

Hello, from S. Korea! This is my first entry on this blog, so I shall introduce myself.  Hi, brothers and sisters! My name is Alina Kim.  I'm a junior at the University of Pennsylvania, and I'm currently at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea as an exchange student.  It would take me days and pages to describe how good God has been during my stay here and the amazing things that He is doing in S. Korea right now, but hopefully, my little snippets will give you a glimpse of how He is moving in this nation!
God's placed me in New Philadelphia Church (http://newphiladelphiachurch.com/), a church on fire for the Lord that desires for heaven to touch the earth as we, as a church, intercede for this nation.  God has placed on our hearts the issue of North Korea, and so each week, we pray that the walls surrounding N Korea may be broken, that His people may rise in that place, and His light be shone and His name glorified in that persecuted nation! Hallelujah.  Although not a huge church (New Philly's congregation is of little less than 200 people), God's anointed this church to build up prayer warriors and to be a part of establishing His kingdom in this nation.  New Philly's most recent church plant in Itaewon, Seoul holds Sunday service in a bar, in an area that we call "Hooker Hill"!... that the church may truly live out its calling to be the light in the darkness!  God is moving, and I know that He is going to move in amazing ways this coming semester-- lives will be transformed for the Lord! Hallelujah. 
This past weekend, a couple good friends that I met during my missions trip to China last year came to Korea, and we met up on Sunday for church and to just catch up on life.  They flew in from China, where they committed to serving for at least another year, and they just went back yesterday.  The stories that I heard about their stay there were mind-blowing...Daddy's moving in China!!
Because there's been so much going on, I've only been able to give glimpses of what is happening (sorry!), but I would greatly appreciate it if you can keep me and Korea in your prayers!.. that His people here would be obedient to the work that God is doing around us, that we would have the eyes to see and the ears to hear Him, that we would be the light in this nation that is so hungry for power and materialistic things, that we would walk with greater faith and boldness, and that only the Lord's name may be glorified in this country until His return.
Thanks!


extra:
A CALL TO GOSPEL-CENTERED REPENTANCE

A call for Gospel-centered Repentance from Solus Christus on Vimeo.
this is a video that I came across several months ago, but just wanted to share on this blog. :)

Your sister,
Alina

No comments:

Post a Comment