Continuation of His Harvest… [A Not-So-Traditional Treasure Hunt PART2]

The Allied guard that works at my dorm on weekends was on my mind this morning in church. As the service went on, I knew that I would have to talk to him about God when I went back home. After the service, I stepped into the Honeypot Bookstore at Antioch, and I was just browsing, not really sure what I was looking for. After making a few rounds and looking at some books, I came upon Max Lucado’s book, He Did This Just For You. I bought it instantly, knowing I was going to give it to the Allied guard. I prayed, asking God to give the guard, Rob, an open heart, and to give me the words to speak.

We got into a conversation when I got back home, about what church he attends. He told me he was a member of a church in West Philly, but he had not been going for a while since he had been working. He mentioned that he used to go for Bible study. He then talked about how he had stopped reading the Bible, but he really wanted to start up again. It was at this juncture that I told him about why I was talking to him today. I told him about how God had put him on my mind in church, and how I bought a book for him at the bookstore, all because God had enabled me too. Then he was like, “God must be calling me back to Him...” Hallelujah! He took the book, and began marveling at Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins. Then I asked him if he wanted me to pray about anything for him. He told me how his significant other had passed on in September and left him with two young kids—a 10 month old and a 3 year old. He showed me pictures of his precious 3 year old, and I was so touched. We all need Jesus…

Please pray for Rob, and praise Jesus for the way He moves in people’s hearts!

In Christ Alone,

No comments:

Post a Comment