Fishers of Men Pt. 1


Dear Brothers Let Us Pray:

Holy Spirit I want to thank and worship You as You deserve. Jesus Christ I praise You for Your grace and sacrifice. You are WORTHY. Heavenly Father be Glorified in all Your magnificence and splendor. Holy Ghost I ask that Your blessing and presence be on this series which we are about to embark on and that Men of God be caught by Your net and transformed into the Wonderful image of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour and One true risen King and begotten Son of the Father. Amen

Have you ever looked around your church or anything remotely related to Spirituality? Have you ever held a bible study or wanted to get together on a friday night for worship? Who usually shows XX or XY? No, I'm serious. I don't know about you but God's opened my eyes to a disproportionate amount of Sisters who are "seeking God's face" passionately and with all their "heart, souls, mind and strength". It is SOO beautiful...think about your mom who prays for hours over you, your grandmother who carries that bible that's been through thick and thin wherever she goes or that Aunt who sends you cards or emails with encouraging bible verses.
May the Lord our God pour His grace on such wonderful Virtuous Women.

I have a question is it un-manly for a brother to say I love you? pray for hours? weep and cry when another brother or sister is in trouble? send encouraging bible verses to uplift fellow saints?

This World has certainly planted those thoughts into this generation. Well, as brothers in Christ I want to start a series hopefully (By God's Grace) looking at this issue and focusing on what we as Men of God can do about it. Sisters I urge you to share this and use it as well but I believe as God has put on my heart it is time for MEN to rise up and walk the steps He destined us to walk. To walk on the seas and not fear sinking, leading billions into His arms.

Fishers of Men
  • Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
    1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    1:16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
    1:17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.
    1:18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.
  • Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
    4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
    4:20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment